Friday, November 21, 2014

Blog post #14

In the Article by Joel Klein, he wrote about some problems in the education system:
-The academic training for teachers is good.
-Teacher are rewarded based on seniority not merit.
-What makes good teachers?
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/464242707.jpg?v=2&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=YgaXqBYj7lsi5tIeRJnWn-URJao63JJyjP5tmt7wnZg1


I agree with what he says about how training should make sure the teacher has enough knowledge to teach. I do not think that just smart people or anyone with higher education can teach. To be professional teacher you should know how to  make the student love what they are learning and to look forward to what they are learning next; this makes a professional teacher. I see Dr. Strange as a professional teacher. I am a student whose second language is English and the class, EDM310 , is very difficult for me. But, Dr.Strange and the lab assistants showed me a way to help me understand the class and because of their help I have learned a lot.
I think the teacher should be rewarded based on how long she has taught, but I also think that after more than five years in a row, teachers should take a year off. I think when teachers teach
for too many years they can feel tired and they don't teach as well.

What makes good teachers?
The answer is that we can not know if a teacher is effective unless we observe them. To see if a student has an increased grade over the year.We should see how the teacher teaches in classroom and ask the principle to observe the teachers work and get the opinions of the students and others teachers.
http://delhi4cats.files.wordpress.com





No comments:

Post a Comment