Thursday, September 4, 2014

Blog post #3

How can you provide meaningful feedback to your peers?

Peer editing means working with someone your own age or class to help improve, revise and edit his or her writing.There are three in peer editing  .The first one is to compliment the writer, and it is one of the most important steps in peer editing. Remember to stay positive.The second step is to make suggestions,to give clear suggestion and to help about word choice ,details, organization,sentence and topic.The third step is to make corrections.To make good correction , look for mistakes in grammars , spelling, missing or incorrect punctuation and incomplete or run-on sentences. Finally  is stay  positive.

The video,writing peer editing top 10 mistaken .I like how they introduce the character "mean Margaret" and "pushy Paula ".I like the way they used explanation the 10 mistakes with kids, it is an easy way to know the mistakes.

3 comments:

  1. I like the picture at the beginning of the post! It makes the blog look more creditable. You have a good thesis statement at the top of the page that makes it easy to know exactly what this post is about. I like to start my paragraphs under my photos by adding a page break after the photo's html. You have some punctuation and grammar issues that I am sure you can easily fix. I like to read my blog out loud to my roommate so that it is easier for me to catch these mistakes. Good post and good luck with this class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coverage of the content is well done. Courtney's comments and suggestion in her comment should help you. Proofreading is a necessity. Here are my corrections:

    "Peer editing means work with someone your own age or class." working, not work In addition, you need to specify what is being worked on. You have that in your next sentence. It should be combined with your first sentence. Remove the period after class and make the T in to a small letter. Your first two sentences would then look like this: Peer editing means work with someone your own age or class to help improve, revise and edit his or her writing.

    "the peer editing there are 3 step to do it.The first on is compliment the writer,…" This should read: There are three steps in peer editing. The first one is to compliment the writer…

    "... important step in peer …" steps, not step

    "The second step is suggestion ," This should be The second step is to make suggestions:… Change suggestion in the next phrase to suggestions.

    "The third step is correction ." No space before the period. This would be better: The third step is to make corrections.

    Who is helping you with you English and your writing? Send me an email telling me that. Have them proofread with you so you will master that ability.


    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how your post was informative on what each thing is. Your picture was eye catching and is great for children to see. There were just a few grammatical errors, but no worries. I'm sure that can be fixed. Great job!

    ReplyDelete